A Furnished London Apartment
Clerkenwell Wilmington is a Grade II Listed Georgian property that dates from 1826 and is situated in Wilmington Square, a leafy sanctuary in the heart of London’s fashionable Clerkenwell. This short let London apartment rental has recently been restored and extended, revealing timber panelling, stone fireplaces and a stone courtyard that had been covered up for decades.
– The pine-boarded reception room is spacious and bright with a high ceiling and features a large, stone fireplace with wood burning stove.
– The room is decorated with a mid-century Modern Ercol dining suite, glass pedant lights, a generous sofa, sheepskin rugs, TV and DVD/CD player.
– The reception room looks out on to a private York Stone paved courtyard with the Plane Trees of Wilmington Square beyond.
– The Courtyard has an oak bench and landscaped planters with foliage gently illuminated by up-lighters. The original storage vaults under the street provide a secure store for guests’ bicycles.
– The architect-owned and restored property has wide board solid wood floors and cast iron radiators throughout and period toggle light switches that offer alternative lighting scenes.
The modern kitchen is open plan to the living room and offers a good sized working area for even the most enthusiastic cooks and is well equipped with induction hob, oven, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
A peaceful master bedroom features a king sized bed, a floor to ceiling window looking out to a private courtyard, a dressing room and an immaculate ensuite bathroom.
The second bedroom has white painted timber panelling, a stone fireplace surround and a floor to ceiling sash window overlooking the courtyard.
The en-suite bathroom is a fresh, white bathroom with tub, WC and basin. The second bathroom offers a walk-in shower, wc and basin.
There is a generous work space with desk, chair and ample storage.
– Farringdon – mainline station and underground – District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines – 10 minute walk away.
– Kings Cross/St Pancras – underground and mainline station – Piccadilly, Northern, Victoria, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, District and overground lines – 15 minute walk.
– Angel – Northern Line – 12 minute walk.
– All in Zone 1.
Clerkenwell is adjacent to Sadler’s Wells Theatre and the gastronomic delights of Exmouth Market. Here you are within walking distance of many of London’s major attractions such as St Paul’s, The Barbican and the Sir John Soanes Museum.
The total rate for your stay will always include linen, towels, exit cleaning, utility bills and WiFi. There are no other charges unless the home is left extremely dirty or damaged.
Rental rates change depending on the length of stay, number of people and the time of year. Please contact us for your own personal quote.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
You may cancel your booking forty-two nights or more before the start and receive a 50% refund of the total rate. If the booking is cancelled less than forty two nights before the start of the stay no refund will be made. We urge you to have travel insurance in place.
Standard arrival time is: 14.00
Standard departure time is: 10.00
If we do not have people leaving the day that you arrive it may be possible to move in before 14.00, but we can not guarantee this. To ensure an early arrival please book the night before.
Only people listed on the booking form are permitted to stay at the property.
Lead guest must be 21 years or older.
No smoking as standard in all London short term rentals.
No parties and no pets.
Wilmington Square, London WC1X 0ES, United Kingdom