Property Guide For
Flat 2, 148 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
The closest tube stations are Covent Garden on the Piccadilly Line or Temple on the District and Circle Lines
– Temple – District and Circle Lines – 5 minute walk. – Covent Garden – Piccadilly Line – 6 minutes walk. – Charing Cross – mainline trains, Bakerloo and Northern lines – 15 minute walk. – Embankment – Disrict and Circle lines – 15 minutes walk. – All are in travel zone 1.
Transport for London (TFL) offer tube and train maps which you can download.
148 Strand is near Somerset House and the entrance to the building is the black door to the left of Thai Square restaurant.
The bronze coloured lock opens this door. The lights in the hallway of this building are on automatic timers (as are most lights in London). They tend to switch off quickly. The large white buttons on the wall will switch them back on again. If you have luggage and will take a little longer to climb to the second floor we recommend that one of your group stands next to the white light switch so that he/she can quickly switch the light back on again. There is also a light switch to the right of the front door to the flat.
Flat two is on the second floor and is the door the left – it has a number 2 on it. We are using the top and middle locks. Both locks open by turning the key to the left. When opening the middle lock it may be necessary to pull the door towards you. Ignore the bottom lock – it is not used. Please see photos below.
Wireless network: BTHub4-R6TX Wireless key: fec984a6a8
- The wifi router is in the living room on a side table.
- If you can not connect please switch the machine off and then on again.
- If you still can not connect please reset the machine.
- There is a tiny, round reset button which you press in with a pen or similar.
- Hold it down for 15 seconds and then release.
- Allow 10 minutes or so for everything to reset and then try to connect.
- Bin bags are put outside on the pavement – in front of the planter to the right of the front door to the building.
- Bags should only be put out late at night. A hearty fine can be levied but the council of bin bags our found outside during the day.
- Bin bags will be collected between 9.00 – 17.00, weekdays.
ELECTRIC FUSE BOX
- Located on the wall, to the right of the front door.
- Switch any tripped switches back to ON.
BATHROOM UNDERFLOOR HEATING
The panel named “Warmup” outside of the bathroom door controls the underfloor heating in the bathroom. Please do not try to alter the settings as it has already been programmed and should not be changed.
- Three sets of house keys are kept on the hooks to the right of the front door. You will also have a fourth set which you collect on arrival.
- There is another set of keys on the hook which will have keys to open the bedroom windows, should you feel the need.
- Please leave all keys on the hooks when you depart.
- There is a charge of £200.00 for each set of keys missing after departure.
DEPARTURE IS BY 10.00 AM
- When you depart please switch off the lights and lock all windows and doors.
- Leave all keys in the flat.
- If you are leaving late at night or early in the morning please keep the noise down as the neighbours are sleeping and probably have to work in the morning!
- Please make sure that you take all of your belongings with you as we do not retrieve and return your forgotten items.
- If housekeeping arrive to prepare, and the flat is not clear of people and belongings we will add that day to your booking and charge an extra night.
- No smoking
- No Candles
- No Parties
- No Pets
- Do not stand on the Juliette balconies in the living room. They are designed for pot plants not people.
- Only people on the original booking form are permitted to stay.
- 36-37 Strand, London WC2N 5HY
- Small supermarket very nearby.
- 125 Strand, London WC2R 0AP
Marks & Spencer – Simply Food
- Main Station Entrance, Charing Cross Station, London WC2N 5HS
Whole Foods Market
- Organic produce and household products
- 20 Glasshouse St, Soho, London W1B 5AR
Boots the chemist
- 105-109 Strand, London WC2R 0AA
Zafash – open 24 hours
- 233- 235 Old Brompton Rd, London SW5 0EA
Boots – open until 23.00
- 44-46 Regent St, Soho, London W1B 5RA
FREE LONDON MAPS
There are a multitude of free maps and apps to get you around London and find anything from the nearest WC to a tube station with lifts. Please consult our Free London Maps post for comprehensive information.
As this is a private residence there are NO LUGGAGE STORAGE facilities at the building. There are, however, many affordable storage options in London which you may like to investigate and we have a luggage storage article devoted to the subject.
OF LOCAL INTEREST
- Thursdays 09.00-14.00
- Impressive former palace now home to exhibitions and concerts. Free tours are held throughout the week.
- Specialist dealers in fine English silver, antiques and objets d’art, housed in underground vaults.
Please also see our brief central London Area Guide to your neighbourhood.
- Double lock the front door and all windows when you go out.
- In the UK, cars drive on the left. To ensure you cross roads safely, only use designated crossings, only cross when the green man is showing and take note of the signs indicating “look right” or “look left” to spot any oncoming traffic.
- Don’t leave your bag unattended anywhere in London – this can lead to a security alert and a call out for the bomb disposal unit.
- Only use black taxis or registered minicabs.
- Pickpockets operate in crowded places – streets, shops and trains – so watch your bags and pockets.
- Mobile phone and bag snatchers are operating on the streets, both on bicycles and mopeds, so be aware of your surroundings.